Marilyn Rondeau's Reviews > In the Heat of the Bite

In the Heat of the Bite by Lydia Dare

Nov 05, 11

Read in September, 2011

There are few men of the ton who could claim to being a knight in shining armor – however Matthew Halkett, Earl of Blodswell was just that – before he was turned into a vampire 650 years ago. So naturally, when he saw a damsel in distress in the midst of a furious storm in Hyde Park, he did what was required and rushed to her aid. However, the damsel was not in distress, rather Rhiannon Sinclair was a witch who could control the weather and she was having a real “hissy” fit while reveling in the storm she had caused! Unfortunately, for both of these determined people who had sworn never to need another person in their lives – Rhiannon’s weather and Matthew’s supernatural abilities were both running amok whenever they were both in the same vicinity.

*** With a description and summary similar to the above – I found myself eager to jump into this book and rushed to download it onto my Kindle. This was just my ‘cuppa tea’ what with witches, vampyres, and wolves (a bonus that) and historical too! And much to my delight although this was totally stand alone, I came to realize that this is part of a series and I have more to look forward to, and several tomes to look back upon, from the dynamic duo of authors that call themselves Lydia Dare.

First of all, the characters were all terribly unique in IN THE HEAT OF THE BITE, especially Rhiannon a witch that could control weather and I loved how she could direct those mini lightning strikes at will – now that’s what I call a weapon of being able to protect oneself; or it could just make someone sit up and take notice – he he he!

Matthew was divine and honorable! Actually, Rhiannon thought he was just a bit too honorable and wished her friends would have backed off (several times) to let nature take its course. It could turn into a pain to have a golden werewolf, married to your best friend who is a clairvoyant witch, and have him and his pack of siblings ready to uphold her honor! However, they all made for some very humorous and enjoyable scenario’s which were generously sprinkled throughout IN THE HEAT OF THE BITE. And of course, let’s not forget Alec – who is a fledgling vampire under Matthew’s care, who will have his own story in the next book of this enchanting and thoroughly amusing series!

BOTTOM LINE: Don’t let IN THE HEAT OF THE BITE pass you bye – get a taste and become as enraptured as me.

Marilyn Rondeau, for www.ck2skwipsandkritiques.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Heat of the Bite.