April (Books4Juliet)'s Reviews > Half-Blood

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Dec 07, 11

bookshelves: favorites, dystopian-fantasy-paranormal, author-jennifer-armentrout, on-bookshelves
Read in December, 2011 — I own a copy

Half-Blood immediately picked up where Daimon left off--Alex, running from the Daimons who are hunting her after she escaped from home and left her mother's lifeless body. While fighting the Daimons, she was found by the Sentinels (Covenant warriors who hunt and kill Daimons), one of them is Alex's long-time crush, a Pure and swoon-worthy--Aiden St. Delphi.

I don't want to lessen the excitement by giving away too much but I'd say that it has everything you'll want in a book. There's mystery, action, and romance. It has funny moments too that made it more entertaining. I'm sure that those of you who have read The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead will notice some similarities when you read this book. It actually reminds me of VA, and though I know it's not fair to compare the two books, I guess it's fair enough to state the similarities for the sake of my honest review.

Alex and Rose are very much alike in so many ways. They're both kick-ass, stubborn, snarky, and cannot be contained. They act before they think, and that usually get them into trouble. They will do anything and everything to protect the one they love. Aiden St. Delphi is like Dimitri Belikov. Both are drop-dead gorgeous, hot and drooling... and they're the girls' mentors too. Rose has Mason, Alex has Caleb, and nemesis are ever present: Lea and Mia--both are bitches. When I think about the Pure, Half-Blood and Daimon, I remember the Moroi, Dhampir and Strigoi.

You might think that those similarities might lessen your enjoyment, but it wasn't the case for me. There are so much more in the story which you'll be excited to read about. It's so entertaining and very hard to put down. I enjoyed every minute of it, from the beginning up to the last page. There is no dull moment, only exciting ones. There is no cliff-hanger ending but it ended in such a way that you'll want and need the next book. With nothing to hate but so much to love and enjoy, you'll definitely don't want to miss it. It's one of the best book out there that I won't ever hesitate to recommend. You must read it!

READ MY FULL REVIEW at BOOKS4JULIET.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half-Blood.