Kristin's Reviews > Northwest Angle

Northwest Angle by William Kent Krueger

F_50x66
Sep 05, 11

Read from September 04 to 05, 2011 — I own a copy

I always get caught up in the life of Cork O'Connor and his family. For this book, Kent Krueger begins on the day of one of the most devastating storms to hit Minnesota. A "derecho" of straight-line winds that took down hundreds of trees in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area.

The story is fast-paced and a page-turner; I finished the book in just over one day. The familiar characters have been so well-developed over time that seeing the same event from different points of view becomes fascinating; I want to know what Stephen or Rose or Jenny are thinking about and Kent Krueger shifts point of view with relative ease. He seems to know which character will be best to tell the next part of the plot.

Some disappointments: I'm still wondering who the shooter was in the beginning. Doesn't matter since I know the source, but I'm surprised that Cork didn't figure it out or wonder about it after the first few chapters.

All an all, another interesting chapter in the life of Cork O'Connor and his fascinating family.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Northwest Angle.