Rusty's Reviews > Blood Is Red

Blood Is Red by Scott Sigler

Sep 18, 11

Read from September 05 to 18, 2011

Well, Scott Sigler is one of my favorite authors and this collection of short stories fits right along with his longer fiction as a kick ass read. He's made a name for himself with his hard science fiction monster stories, a niche that really needed to be filled.

This collection in particular shows a little bit of a departure for him, toying with pure science fiction, fantasy, and and all the stories are pretty good. My favorite was the very last one, which ironically, is a full on urban fantasy about some monster hunters from Hickville U.S.A. Fantastic all the way around.

But, short stories are not my first love, and while I loved this collection - it just didn't stick with me after reading very long once I finished, and I don't think this is as powerful of some of his better works.

Still, highly recommended. Especially if you sit around and wonder what it would be like if Author C Clarke ever collaborated with Stephen King.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Is Red.

09/05/2011
25.0% "Scott's writing style runs right up my alley so I've been loving this collection of short stories so far."
09/14/2011
66.0% "Satan worshiping football players... can't think of a better premise for a short story."
09/15/2011
82.0% "Ooh. A teaser for a sequel to Earthcore! What a surprise."
show 1 hidden update…