Pat's Reviews > Mistakes Were Made (But Not by Me): Why We Justify Foolish Beliefs, Bad Decisions, and Hurtful Acts

Mistakes Were Made (But Not by Me) by Carol Tavris

F_50x66
Sep 05, 11

Read in September, 2011

This was a very interesting book that my daughter, Emily, asked me to read - it was one of her books she had to read for her business law class. It is about self-justification and acts one does and does not realize that one act like "oh well she/he deserved it" leads to building on that act until you "slide down the pyramid." One action that was noted was when Ophrah Winfrey brought James Frye down for his misrepresentation in ONE MILLION PIECES and how she uplifted him and stood up for him when those pieces were falling down. However, she told him that she was wrong, this could not be allowed and she remained at the top of the pyramid because she did not continue to justify his actions with her approval. The last part of the book is based on self-justification in marriage situations and kind of hit me in the face. Maybe that is why Emily wanted me to read it. But I enjoyed it - may reread it in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistakes Were Made (But Not by Me).