Adeeb's Reviews > Circle Of Fire

Circle Of Fire by Michelle, Zink

Jan 20, 12

Read from January 03 to 07, 2012

Circle of Fire is the final book in the Prophecy of the Sisters series by Michelle Zink. The story follows the adventures of Lia and Alice, the twin sisters, and their roles as Guardian and Gate. It is the final war.

Characters

Lia: Lia is the protagonist She has a mission. She has to stop evil one and for all. But is she strong enough to do it? Lia is a very amusing character. She is not perfect. She's torn between Dimitri and James. Who would she choose? I think that Lia chooses very wisely. She is caring and loving. She undergoes challenges that tests her relationship with characters. I think that her character is very well developed.

Dimitri: He's a member of the Griogori brothers, sent to protect Lia. First of all, I must thank Michelle Zink for writing Dimitri's character. He's a gentleman, always there for Lia, protecting her. He'd do the impossible for her. Also, I admire how he doesn't push Lia in the love relationship. He takes everything step by step. His love for Lia is very deep.

Alice: She's Lia's twin sister. She is controlled by the spirits. She is quite a complex character. Like she has a struggle. She loves her sister, but she has to fight against her because of a prophecy. She doesn't appear much in the book, but I must say, whenever she appeared, her scenes were quite well developed and wonderfully written.

Plot

I think this book's plot was very well-thought and planned. It fits perfectly with the story. It shows that the characters are indeed in danger and shows how vague their fate will be. Would you guess what happens next? No you wouldn't.

Writing style

This book is beautifully written. Lia's voice is very authentic which develops her character quite well. The first person narration even makes it easier to understand Lia. There were lots of twists and turns lurking in every page. Especially the ending. I did NOT expect that.

The pacing in this book was perfect. There wasn't a moment where I felt it slowed down or went too quickly.

There's something that stands out in this series. It is the setting. Yes, the setting is dazzling. Carriages, horses, formal dresses. It is just a spectacular escape from modern world books.

Ending

Finally, I'd like to talk about the ending of this book. The ending is bittersweet. It was sad but had a glimpse of hope.
I think it was a perfect way to end this series. It exceeded all my expectations.
I only think the final confrontation should have been a little more detailed and action-packed, but it's okay.

To end this review, I'd like to thank Michelle Zink for creating this remarkable series. I really loved it.

You all should read this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Circle Of Fire.

01/03/2012 page 15