librarian90's Reviews > It Looked Different on the Model: Epic Tales of Impending Shame and Infamy

It Looked Different on the Model by Laurie Notaro

Sep 05, 11

bookshelves: adult-nonfiction
Read in September, 2011

There are few things worse than reading a review that makes a book sound amazing and laugh-out-loud funny, wait for weeks until it's actually in the system, wait all day until there's time to curl up and start reading said hilarious book, and don't laugh. Not even a slight smile. The author's sense of humor is not mine and I'm still trying to find humor in getting stuck in shirt that was clearly marked as a size too small and getting blood on it. The only word that comes to mind is "whatever". Good thing I got it from the library and didn't waste any money!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Looked Different on the Model.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Lore Carrillo The humor comes from having been in a similar situation and having had similar reactions/frustrations, understanding the panic and disillusionment of realizing the picture in the mirror and the one in your head just don't match. Maybe you're one of the few to have escaped the retail world with your self esteem and self image intact, and if so, good on ya. But for many of us, Laurie's experience is familiar and it's humorous and comforting to know we're not alone.