Tonileg's Reviews > In the Garden of Temptation

In the Garden of Temptation by Cynthia Wicklund

Jan 25, 12

bookshelves: romance, seriously-damaged-h-h, kindle, historical
Read from September 05, 2011 to January 25, 2012

I generally don't like to read about infidelity because I figure you should just get a divorce/break-up with the partner if you are interested in someone else. Those people are just wimpy cowards to hide their disrespect from the people that their are supposed to be 'in love' with. But I do understand that it was almost impossible to divorce before the 20th century and even if you could get a legal divorce the two people were 'ruined' and unacceptable to 'good' society so it was much like a social death sentence.
Back to this story, it was written with care and the dialogues were natural and interesting. I think that there could have been a friendship between the Baron and Christine. But the man was so badly damaged that he made it impossible. My mother believes that any man is 'broken' if they aren't married by the age of 30 because they are too set in their ways and can't adapt to life as a couple. I've got to admit that she is right on; I have yet to meet any exceptions to this rule. Feel free to message me if you believe me in error. The end was too quick and I felt like there could have been more fleshed out with the story of the twin brother. If you like this switched-to-produce-an-heir plot then you should read Waking Up With the Duke it was a great read.
I got this novel free for kindle and it was pretty good.
2 stars
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Garden of Temptation.