Dija's Reviews > The Duke's Perfect Wife

The Duke's Perfect Wife by Jennifer Ashley

May 08, 12

bookshelves: apr-2012, authors-i-stalk, awww, hr, read-in-2012, second-chances, wow, my-reviews
Recommended for: Fan(girl)s of Scottish men in kilts.
Read from April 26 to 28, 2012

Now that I've read all the Mackenzie brothers' books, I can finally compose the lists I've wanted to since the beginning.

Favorite heroine:

1. The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie
2. The Duke's Perfect Wife
3. The Many Sins of Lord Cameron
4. Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage

The chemistry between Eleanor and Hart can be felt even in Cam's book, and Ashley develops their relationship in an entirely believable and beautiful manner in The Duke's Perfect Wife. These two are absolutely perfect for each other, in every way that matters. I like how their past was revealed slowly and sparingly, rather than being dumped all at once. Both of them have been through a lot of pain and sadness, and I'm glad they ended up getting the HEA they deserved.
El, I’ve missed you. I’ve died a little every day without you.

Eleanor is my favorite heroine of Ashley's to date, and I immensely enjoyed reading her inner monologue. It was always amusing watching Hart and Eleanor fight, especially since Hart would usually be the one getting all angry and huffy, whereas Eleanor would be completely calm and reasonable, which only served to irritate Hart even more, which would generally end up leading to a deliciously romantic scene.

Hart is the ideal older brother, and I loved watching him with his younger brothers, especially Ian. He's a lot more vulnerable and sweet than he lets on, but I'm glad the brothers finally stopped taking him for granted.

The epilogue at the end of The Duke's Perfect Wife is the most memorable in the entire series because it shows each brother with his respective family, and it's so amazing to see how far they've all come from who they were at the beginning. My favorite passage is also from that chapter:
Next came Ian and Beth. Ian sat in the chair, his kilt draped over his knees. Beth stood regally beside him in her dress of Mackenzie plaid. She held Belle in her arms, while three-year-old Jamie perched on Ian’s lap. The camera caught Ian looking, not at the lens, but up at his wife, his face soft with happiness. Beth was looking back down at him, his fingers on her hand. A beautiful portrait.

For more reviews, visit my blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Duke's Perfect Wife.

04/26/2012 "Couldn't resist. :D" 4 comments
04/27/2012
35.0% "Oooh, Eleanor's quite bold. I like it!"
04/27/2012
52.0% "*sigh* I love watching Hart in his gentle, albeit controlling, elder brother role." 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aly is so frigging bored updates, updates!

Dija I would, except I really don't have that much to say right now. I like it, am enjoying it, loving Hart, but nothing noteworthy so far. XD

Aly is so frigging bored So? How many stars? ;;)

Dija Teetering between 4 and 5. :P

Aly is so frigging bored *taking a relieved breath* you had me on pins and needles her woman!

message 6: by Dija (last edited Apr 28, 2012 10:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija I feel so bad for you, seeing as how I've disappointed you with SO many of my ratings, LOL.

Aly is so frigging bored that is so true! whenever you read smth I love I get very afraid :))

Dija But come on, I think Anzu's disappointed you more, right?

Aly is so frigging bored I don't know... Do you want me to make a chart or smth? :))

message 10: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija If you have the time. :P

Aly is so frigging bored Oh come on!! It would take tooooo much :D

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Fantastic review! Thanks for creating your list of favorites. Your list will help when I start these books.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Great review, Dija! So glad you enjoyed it too!

message 14: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija @Kristen: Thanks! And you have to start this series soon! All the Mackenzie brothers are amazing. :D

@Baba: Thank you! I can't wait for the next book to come out!

message 15: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ I love how you broke this series down by preference, Diji. Great review. I'll have to try one of the historical romances sometime. That's what this is, right?

message 16: by Dija (last edited May 07, 2012 11:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija Thanks, Rachel! Yeah, this is a historical romance, and one of the best ones out there. A friend of mine didn't use to read HR at all, but she read the first one in this series and became addicted to the genre. If you're ever in the mood for a change, I highly recommend The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie. :)

message 17: by Anzu (new)

Anzu The Great Destroyer Dee you little pervert :>

message 18: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija What, what did I say?? (view spoiler)

message 19: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ Dija wrote: "Thanks, Rachel! Yeah, this is a historical romance, and one of the best ones out there. A friend of mine didn't use to read HR at all, but she read the first one in this series and became addicted ..."

I'm going to add it, thanks! :)

message 20: by Anzu (new)

Anzu The Great Destroyer Dija wrote: "What, what did I say?? [spoilers removed]"

Muahahaha nah but that too :D I'm talking about the books you're reading :>:>

message 21: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija @Rachel: No problem. :D

@Anzu: What can I say? I love a happy ending.

Ronyell Awesome review Dija!!! I really loved this book too!!!