Rachael Woohoo's Reviews > Perception

6209494
May 26, 12

bookshelves: romance, 2012, reviewed
Read on May 26, 2012

Like Clarity, Perception is a light, sweet read with a (fun?) mystery.

What I probably loved the most about this book is its readability – the pages flipped by quickly and the plot was light, sweet, and entertaining. The mystery presented is quite intriguing – Clare has a stalker, to sum it up, who takes pictures of her and follows her around. *spoiler*Although it was quite obvious to me that Tiffany and Cody were behind at least a part of Clare’s troubles, I admit that Mr. Rylander’s role was a bit unexpected, especially regarding his relationship with Sierra, Ashleigh, and Clare. However, I kind of admit I suspected him a little, because he had no other real purpose to the story *end spoiler*.

It was also refreshing to see Clare form new relationships, specifically with Mallory. After the backstabbing with Tiffany, Kendra and Brooke, it was sweet for Clare to finally make a true friend. I also was a little surprised (not a bad surprise) that *spoiler* Mallory was romantically interested in Perry! *end spoiler*.

Also, I liked how romance didn't overdominate the book, and that Clare wasn't always obsessing about how she looked, what people thought about her, or if Gabriel or Justin liked her/what to do with them. Sure, she thought about it from time to time, but she didn't constantly ponder on it.

And finally, Gabriel. I liked Gabriel from the beginning – he had a healthy and sweet relationship with Clare. Justin’s not that bad… I just like Gabriel better. So I guess it was a relief when *spoiler* Clare got together with Gabriel! *end spoiler*

The one complaint I have is that Clare’s father and the origin of the Ferns’ powers are not explained. Maybe they will be mentioned in the next book? But for now, enjoy this short, mysterious read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perception.

05/26/2012 page 27