Me, Myself, and I's Reviews > Subject Seven

Subject Seven by James A. Moore

Sep 04, 11

bookshelves: amazing, sci-fi

** spoiler alert ** Okay, I really don't understand why everyone's complaining about how 'violent' Subject Seven was. I really don't remember James A. Moore mentioning blood in most fighting scenes. But hey, I did read this awhile back so could just be my failing memory. And, come on people, they're science-made assassins. Do you really think they're going to be thinking about rainbows and unicorns? It was what they were created to do and I think that's one of the, 'lessons' if you will, that this book stressed: You are what you are. No one should count on you changing because that normally never happens. Not even in the real world.
I'm quite the pessimist, eh?

Anyways, I really loved how as you got farther and farther into this book, all the little details that never added up start to make sense. I'm not going to really explain what I mean for those who haven't read it yet but I think those who have know what I'm talking about.

And, this might make me seem a bit twisted, but another reason I thought this book was so freaking awesome is because of the fact that it's told in the bad guy's P.O.V, Subject Seven. Well, I actually don't think he was the bad guy in this book, but it seems most would. Like I mentioned before, Subject Seven was made. It's not really his fault he was created like he was and, because of that fact, blood lust being in his nature. In my opinion, the real bad people were the scientists who created them. Who are we to mess around with stuff that we don't even fully understand? It only makes sense that they're contorted plan would come back to haunt them in the end.

The one thing that I didn't like was the way the book ended. That's the only thing that stopped this book from getting 5 stars from me. But I guess that's kind of the point: in that situation, there'd never really be a full closed, neat ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Subject Seven.