Slayermel's Reviews > Welcome to the Jungle

Welcome to the Jungle by Jim Butcher

Sep 04, 11

bookshelves: 2011, 21st-century, american, fantasy, favorites, graphic-novels, library, male-authors, mystery, paranormal, series, witches-wizards
Recommended for: anyone who enjoy's The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
Read on September 04, 2011, read count: 1

This is the prequel to the “Dresden File” book series, which seem to be getting all sorts of fantastic reviews.
We meet Harry Dresden a local Chicago wizard and Private Investigator that the Chicago police call in for the cases that they are not fully equipped to handle.

Harry is called in to help handle a murder of a guard at the local zoo. The body appears to be mauled and the locals want to blame it on Moe the Male Gorilla as there is a trail of blood that leads to the cage. However the lack of bullet wounds in the Gorilla does not fit with the guards discharged weapon, as well as the fact that the Gorilla somehow managed to lock itself back in its cage put too many holes in that theory. Harry goes on the look for clues and comes across some dark magical trails. The story gets more and more interesting as you read along, and I can’t wait to delve into the series now.
I recommend this story to anyone who enjoys a good mystery based in Fantasy.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome to the Jungle.