Tammy ~NovelOpinion's Reviews > First Chosen

Sep 04, 11

bookshelves: 1st-in-series, fantasy, review-request, indie-self-pubbed
Read on September 04, 2011

3.75 Stars!

OK, I probably need to explain the 3.75 star rating. It's an odd number, true, but although I thoroughly enjoyed this story there was something nagging at me while I read it. I finally figured out as I finished and my problem was I wanted a little more. A little more background into the hierarchy of gods, a little more depth into the characters and a little more World-building.
Having said that, this novel did not disappoint me at all. I felt the premise was unique, the battles and type of magic used are very entertaining and I wanted more. Epic Fantasy of any kind should leave the reader wanting more, that is what defines them as Epic.

Here is the book summary:
And so begins, TEARS OF RAGE a dark, epic fantasy about the power of faith and belief, where even though the gods can inspire these qualities in mortals, it is those same mortals that truly control the religions that form from any god’s divine inspiration. It is also a swashbuckling tale of political intrigue where men scheme against each other and the gods, and how friendship, loyalty, and faith can help people persevere through the darkest times.

M. Todd Gallowglas has an epically great story at his fingertips. I will read the second installment of First Chosen and I promise that most of you will love this fresh Fantasy. Those of us that read a lot of Epic Fantasy may want more as I described previous, but will still enjoy this novel as I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Chosen.