Wicked ♥ (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess's Reviews > The Gladiator's Master

The Gladiator's Master by Fae Sutherland

2082350
Reviewed for Wickedly Bookish

A sexy gladiator and his master getting sweaty? Yes please! The cover is gorgeous and so are the men, so you'd think this book would have blown my mind. Unfortunately not so much.

This book was just ok for me. Usually my next phrase would be, "and here's why..." However, in this case I have to say I couldn't quite put my finger on why this wasn't a great read for me. The premise was fairly new to me and the characters were likable enough. The story is truly heartfelt and the love between Cealius and Gaidres is both fiery and sweet. There is just something here that is missing for me, some essential spark that isn't tangible, the story either has it or it doesn't. I found myself becomign easily distracted and taking frequent breaks to read something else. I have to give the authors props for writing such hot and steamy sex scenes, but even these fell flat for me at times.

Lot's of people who have reviewed this book seem to love it, so I feel kind of weird saying it was just ok, but there you have it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gladiator's Master.

09/17/2011