Amy's Reviews > Small Acts of Amazing Courage

Small Acts of Amazing Courage by Gloria Whelan

Sep 15, 11

Read in September, 2011

This was an enjoyable, quick read. I love India and I love Ghandi and I think it is very interesting learning about that time period in India from a British child growing up there. It was a story about making the right choices even when it is is really hard or scary. Aside from purchasing a baby at the bazzar, most of Rosy's acts were small, yet they took courage. It just came natural to her to follow her conscience and do what was right. I enjoyed reading it, but I felt like it ended kind of abruptly. It was too short. It needed to be wrapped up and tied together before ending. It needed even just a couple more paragraphs tying it all together, a more pronounced "moral of the story" kind of ending.The name of the book made me look for these small acts of courage as I read, but I also wished for a little more acknowledgment of "those who rest in unvisited tombs" ( a Middlemarch reference to ordinary people who live day to day influencing people for the better, without any fame or glory).

Rating: PG
Actual Star Rating: 3.5
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Small Acts of Amazing Courage.