Barbara's Reviews > Falling to Pieces

Falling to Pieces by Vannetta Chapman

6196843
Sep 04, 2011

bookshelves: a-goodreads-first-reader-book
Recommended to Barbara by: Free from the author Vannetta Chapman and Goodreads.com
Recommended for: Readers of Amish and Mystery books
Read from October 03 to 06, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Falling to Pieces: A Quilt Shop Murder (A Shipshewana Amish Mystery)
by Vannetta Chapman (Goodreads Author)

Description: When two women-one Amish, one English-each with different backgrounds, join forces to organize a successful on-line quilt auction, neither expects close a friendship. As different as night and day, Deborah and Callie are partners who simply want to make the best of a temporary situation. But a murder, a surprising prime suspect, a stubborn detective, and the town's reaction throw the two women together, and they come together to solve a mystery and catch a killer.

This was my first book by author Vannetta Chapman, and I can’t wait to read more of Vannetta Chapman’s books. I had to keep going in order to find out who the killer was and why! Two completely different lives come together with Callie, an English woman, and Deborah, an Amish woman.

Deborah turns out to be a very calming and good influence on Callie, who arrives in Shipshewana IN to close her Aunt Daisy's estate. Callie has had a hard past few years, and Deborah can feel in her a need to be at peace. She doesn't take "No" for an answer, and Callie agrees to keep Daisy's Quilt Shop open, at least until she can find a buyer?

When the Editor of the paper is found dead, Callie becomes a suspect. This is when Callie really needs her new friends.

A must read for Amish and mystery readers.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the author Vannetta Chapman through Goodreads.com. Published September 27th 2011 by Zondervan. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling to Pieces.

Sharon I think this is a book I would like to read! Thanks for posting it Barbara

Barbara Sharon wrote: "I think this is a book I would like to read! Thanks for posting it Barbara"

Sharon, I just finished this book. It is great and I know you would like it.Great mystery is at (www.christianbook.com)I also like Mary Connelly as you can see I have read alot of her books. Barbara

Sharon I will have to get this book and check out Mary Connelly. Thanks Barbara! Have a nice day. Sharon