Jaiden's Reviews > The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

May 29, 12

bookshelves: idk-genre, favorites, crushes, 5-stars
Read from May 26 to 28, 2012

Originally posted at: http://girlzandtheirbooks.blogspot.co...

I have been dying to read this book for...EVER! And just like with every other thing having to do with my reading/blogging life....it was out on hold...because of school. But fear not!! School is over AND I have had time to read this wonderful amazing book!

This book had everything! Suspense, thrill, romance, a gorgeous boy that I just so happen to have fallen in love with and who just so happens to be in my top 5 favorite fictional boys, all equaling the perfect horror/mystery/paranormal book!

The characters were put together so well! Each and everyone of them had a likable (or not so likable in some cases) character. Following Mara's confusion and trying to figure out what was real and what was just a hallucination made for the best "wild-goose-chase" anyone could ask for!

Did I mention that I was pulling my hair out in some parts because it was so damn confusing!!? Or that I was biting my nails and the inside of my lip so much because it was making me flip out!!? Ya well I was doing all of the above. This book was not only funny, enjoyable, cute, and suspenseful but it was also sooo flippin FREAKY!!! Gah! They aren't lying when they say to read this book with the lights on that's for sure! Just by telling one of the freakiest parts to my brother made him want to stay up all night!

Oh....so! I have mentioned this new love of mine before right? Well, here he is again...in a little more...detail *laughs evily* hahaha jkjk! ;D This boy. Noah Shaw. WOW! Ya one ..he has GOT the looks! Now why?
Let me break it down for you...

He has the whole just-woke-up-out-of-bed hair....and looks hot!
Blue-grey eyes that you can just fall into....and looks hot!!
Cutest lips that can form into: hot crooked smile, hot devilish smile, hot shy smile, hot you-don't-want-to-know-what-I'm-thinking smile, etc's of smiles that melts your heart and gives your stomach the flips....and looks hot!!!
Has no choice but to wear the school uniform (he adds his own touch of style)...and looks hot!!!!
An animal person....which makes him hot!!!!!
Has that bad boy rep. but is sooo not the guy people make him out to be....which makes him HOT!!!!!!
Should I go on......?
Didnt think so.....ya OH!!! The way him and Mara are!!!! Ya....from beginning: OMG! HILARIOUS!!! the middle to end: O.M.G!!!! I freaking love the crap out of you!!? Seriously. like come alive and share some of those heated kisses with me huh?? ;) AND!! his secrets......SQUEEEEE!!!!!! Gah! I just can't wait to get more of this boy when the second book comes out..which luckily isnt too far but...still not close enough! >:(

This book will intrigue you and keep your reading until you've had no chouce but to finish that night. You do NOT want to miss this series. That ending....that ending.!!! Seriously! You will have no say so in finishing this book from beginning to end then book to book....Good luck getting your sleep in for the next few days! ;)

Get this book. read this book. love this book. enjoy this book. and NEVER EVER forget this book!

Thanks for stopping by! :)
~Jaiden

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.

05/26/2012 page 1
05/27/2012 page 171
38.0% ""And just like that, I was completely,utterly and entirely, His." Gah!!!!! I my goodness!! And just from that he has "completely,utterly and entirely" ......stolen my heart!!!! Eep! Ya, he managed to pull through and steal my heart! :D <3 that was the best love intro ever!!!!!!! The cuteness of the whole scene! My o my!! *fans muself* wooh! ;D"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

ive seen alot of goood and bad reviews that my brain is gettting mindfucked O.o so i want to know if i should read this book next or what??!!

Jaiden Yes!!!!! Read it!!!!!!!! XP

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Jaiden wrote: "Yes!!!!! Read it!!!!!!!! XP"

About time ;/ k I will :)

Jaiden Lol so I'm guessing you finally found it??? ;P Yay hope you like it!!! I still haven't read book two :/

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Jaiden wrote: "Lol so I'm guessing you finally found it??? ;P Yay hope you like it!!! I still haven't read book two :/"

yeh i found it like 3 days ago :) i also have book 2 :D

Jaiden Haha nice and :P I still have to buy it haha

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Jaiden wrote: "Haha nice and :P I still have to buy it haha"

epubbud.com ;D i got both from there!!

Jaiden Haha well I need them bought. Some books I just need in physical form lol but nice to know xD

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Jaiden wrote: "Haha well I need them bought. Some books I just need in physical form lol but nice to know xD"

i think ill start the unbecoming of mara dyer later :/ ..... im like in a romance phase and i just want to finish all the romance books ive got

Jaiden Hahaha do it!! :) you never wanna HAVE to read anything read for your pleasure

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 02, 2013 08:14PM) (new)

Jaiden wrote: "Hahaha do it!! :) you never wanna HAVE to read anything read for your pleasure"

:( but i really wanted to read the unbecomin...... i cant write it anymore more ;/ too long!! hahahahaahah o well ill just read rush then if you stay then tidal :D then maybe ill get sick of romacne books and start reading other genres XD

Jaiden Haha save it...you won't like it nearly as much if you are thinking of other books I've learned that lesson. Right now I'm tired of romance books they suck :/ except I kind if heated and read Dare You To. (Haha so don't blame you the unbecoming is tedious to write over and over again

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Jaiden wrote: "Haha save it...you won't like it nearly as much if you are thinking of other books I've learned that lesson. Right now I'm tired of romance books they suck :/ except I kind if heated and read Dare ..."

lmao!! u reckon ?? k ill start rush then :D

Jaiden Haha yes and ok tell me how it is!!! :D