Izzy's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Rating 4.5

Is it possible for books to give you adrenaline rushes on practically every page? Yes, yes it is. I don't care if Cassandra Clare recycles plots and characters and all that crap (well I do, but this was no piece of shit City of Fallen Angels). Her books make me laugh so much. Sadly I also can't put them down to the point where I stay on the bus past my stop because I want to finish a chapter.

I appreciate that Clare stopped trying to pretend she was british like she did in the first one, the forcedness of it was kind of cringey. I gotta say, the book was more like a soap drama or warped version of desperate housewives with all the love shizz, but who cares, I totally bought it.

I dedicate this sentence to my love of Jem. I love Jem. Except she ruined him in the last couple of chapters but idc.

Hahaha, well, sorry for all the nonsense written above, I got caught up in the moment... The reasons I liked the book are:

1)Jem (nuff said)
2)There were some real emotions and the book surprised me, it didn't go in the direction I was expecting it to.
3)It's just so funny. Will, don't get the wrong idea, I do love you too, your just better off at whacking out the one-liners and giving the comedic reprieve ;)
4)Shit went dooooown (ish)

Things I didn't like:

1) WHY MUST EVERYONE BE A HALFBREED DEVIL SHADOWHUNTER SPAWN THING?
2)The last few chapters all the characters were really weird and it didn't really follow the same vibe as the rest of the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.