Olivia's Reviews > The Second Summer of the Sisterhood

The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares

Dec 24, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read from October 05 to 07, 2011

I figured since I read the first one I should read the whole series. So I picked up the second one and started on it. I felt like the more I read, the bigger the book got. I never seemed to be making any progress. The first book seemed to be mostly about love. Lena meet Kostos, Carmen started to accept her new family (course she is the angriest person in a book ever), Bee fell in love at soccer camp (then gave it away and fell out of love), and Tibby meet Bailey (then proceeded to lose her to cancer). The second book was all about anger and sadness and being angry at your parents. Tibby is sad about Bailey and angry at her mom for some reason. Causing a big blowout and disappointment all around. Lena broke it off with Kostos but still wants him like crazy. Fights with her mom about every little thing. Kostos drama, followed by more moping. Bee finds new family, the happiest story in the book which is kinda sad, and gets back to her old self. Then meets a boy from her past. Yada yada. Carmen acts like a serious bitch to her mom. Jealousy all over the place. Always angry. Hopefully the 3rd book with be better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Second Summer of the Sisterhood.