SueM's Reviews > Stained

Stained by Adrienne Wilder

4272088
Sep 04, 2011

bookshelves: m-m, dragons, shapeshifters-werewolves, ipad-kindle, urban-fantasy, fantasy, favorites
Read in September, 2011

Such a wonderful complex world Adrienne Wilder has created. This is the 7th book I have read set in this world, and for me, each book has more to explore, than the previous. This is not a book that should be read without having read Blood Bonds or Darwin's Theory novella series previously, as without the context provided by those books, much of this novel would be confusing and senselessly violent. This is definitely not a novel for the squeamish either. It is also the first book in yet another series too, although there appears to be some overlap with other novels, with the reappearance of at least one character. Having said that though, I loved this novel!

Two young men, Matt and Alex, best friends since the age of six, are brutally thrust into a violently different world they never thought would touch them. Neither of them are prepared for the new realities that face them, where death, violence and senseless lust are barely a heartbeat away. Both Matt and Alex have to not only struggle to survive this new world, but are forced to accept changes in their relationships, to each other and to those around them.

The novel ends when both young men are just coming to understand and accept that their lives will be forever different, with no idea what the future might hold. Definitely frustrating as I really, really want to know what the future holds for Alex and Matt... :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stained.

SueM Yay! Thanks Adrienne!

message 2: by Mandapanda (new)

Mandapanda I'm holding out till book 2 comes out! You're brave SueM!;)