Carol's Reviews > Blue Heaven

1620952
Sep 04, 2011

bookshelves: mystery-thriller
Read in September, 2011

What a great find! I went to the library looking for the latest book by C.J. Box, but it had just been checked out, so I grabbed this one instead. I really enjoyed it - another "all-nighter!" I was afraid, in the beginning, that it was going to be too detailed with descriptions of the surroundings; as a thriller, I wanted the author to get to the point - well, he sure did! I was hooked immediately and could not put it down. I also ended up liking his descriptions very much, but mostly, I loved the way he allowed you to know each character. I easily found myself wanting to be neighbors of the “good guys,” and obviously wanting to have justice served on the “bad guys.”

This was not a Who-done-it, because that was explained early in the story, but it was an exciting chase of the witnesses to the crime and the many other corruptions that went with it. There were many twists and turns in the plot to keep your attention and to make you wonder who could be trusted.

This was my first exposure to this author, and I was delighted to see what a prolific writer he is, with many four-star ratings! I have already put my name on the list to read more from him.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Heaven.