Rad Ryan's Reviews > Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes

Mythology by Edith Hamilton

Sep 08, 2011

bookshelves: owned
Read from September 03 to 08, 2011

I feel my brain has boosted up. Edith Hamilton fed my brain with one of the most important pieces in literature. The mythology. Greek, Roman and Norse Mythology is in the book.
I read this book plainly because of our senior English class. Though our English teacher didn't say that we should read it. I felt that I should, for knowledge I guess. So now I'm advanced for the mean time.

Mythology became such a basis for daily life, stories, names and even the day itself. They had had been affected greatly by it. And as I'm nearing the end of the book, I found the start of the book becoming clear to me. Mythology made by human, played a big role in the world. It calls for our modern world how trees, animals,guests, and etc. are like holy things to them. If you cut a tree, a dryad will punish you, if you kill your guests you dined with Zeus will have you pay for it.

And how it tells the lives of the people in the past. Hamilton herself said every chapter about Roman being war-lover or the Greeks can't think something like that...etc.

Well, the book says it all. I'm just happy that for something so old but retold, that I read.

One thing I'm so flustered about is the NAMES. I think you know what I mean.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mythology.

09/04/2011 page 30
09/05/2011 page 105
32.0% "Wah! I'm speechless! The Tales are so, so for me!"
09/06/2011 page 185
56.0% "Ah. These are real beauty with terror beside it!"
show 1 hidden update…

K.D. Absolutely Yeah, I do.

Rad Ryan K.D. wrote: "Yeah, I do."

About the names?

I'm reading the thread right now. And I'm having so much ideas.

Diane really interesting stuff noh? :) What's your favorite story so far? :)

Rad Ryan Yes. Like I said I felt that my brain boosted up. Favorite story? I really like Baucis and Philemon. Did I spell it right from memory?

K.D. Absolutely Yeah, about the names. I just did not bother remembering them. My favorite was the Story of Troy.

Rad Ryan Achilles? I like that too. I've seen the movie and it's like that as in the book. Though there is no god and goddesses there?? Hmm. Forgot it.