Elle's Reviews > The Darkest Surrender

The Darkest Surrender by Gena Showalter

Sep 03, 2011

bookshelves: pnr
Read from May 13 to 19, 2012

Ah, another dose from LOTU series and I couldn't be happy more. This time, it's Strider and his sweet downfall, Kaia. The book was interesting and intriguing. I enjoyed this book a lot because it was hilarious with funny and snarky thoughts came from both Strider and Kaia. I found myself smiled, chuckled, and laughed a lot.

Besides, the romance was intense. I liked it a lot as with Kaia would do anything to have a man she desired and she is always hoping she get him. And holly yes, she did! Not just to have him but she has his heart too. Besides, she is one woman with determination - by showing to her mother dearest that she's not Kaia the Disappointment.

Strider's hot and possessive. I loved his blunt move to have Kaia to stick to him forever. I found it sweet, loving, and romantic. Beautiful Kaia's may not as beautiful as Bianka as I imagine but my vision on Kaia is like a Warrior Princess since she loves to fight, kill and challenge. One thing for sure, no more Harpies - please! (exception to Bianka. I love her, she's hot. Lucky Lysander.)

Recommended.

P.S. I'm currently reading the latest installment of LOTU series, The Darkest Seduction. I hope I like the book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Surrender.

Quotes Elle Liked

Gena Showalter
“There was something so best-musical-ever when people screamed and begged for mercy, and she could listen to a good musical all day.”

Gena Showalter
“We were just sitting on the bed, together, and you were just drinking from me, your mouth on my skin, and you didn't have any panties on?"

"You mean you didn't look?”

Gena Showalter
“The best way to spell victory? K-I-L-L.”

Gena Showalter
“Humans had a saying. Mess with the bull and get the horns. Well, Harpies had a saying, too. Mess with a Harpy and die.”