Ibjoy1953's Reviews > A Confident Heart: How to Stop Doubting Yourself & Live in the Security of God's Promises

A Confident Heart by Renee Swope

U_50x66
Sep 03, 11

Read in September, 2011

A Confident Heart is a book I really need to read! Sometimes I have so much trouble with self doubts, and I seem to be going through them now. Renee reminded me of so many things, things I’ve heard before but I needed to hear again.
Doubt robs us of things in our physical and spiritual life. I think of several things I’ve wanted to venture out and do, but I didn’t because I didn’t think I could, or didn’t thing I was worthy. One of the worse doubts for me is that some things in my life will never change, and because of those things, my life is never going to get better. But reading what the author says about “Its Not Suppose to Be This Way” early in the book, I was encouraged with the scripture and the promises she brought out from God’s Word that we can claim.
This is just the beginning of what Renee will teach you in this wonderful book on doubting yourself. Throughout the book, she talks about many things in our lives that make us self-doubting ladies. She steps on my toes many times, that is for sure. But she also goes to the scripture and shows us how we can fill those empty spaces in our hearts, how we can run toward God with our self doubts, and how we can break free from our lives as they are now and get to know the real us! And one thing that stood out more than anything I read is that God is not limited by my limitations. God can do anything He wants, anyway He wants, at any time he wants.
This is a book I recommend to every lady out there because I believe we all, at some time or another go through doubts in our lives. You won’t be sorry you read this book! I will be keeping my copy to refer to time and time again.
I was provided a copy of this book from Donna at Revell to read and review. I was not required or expected to write a positive review. The opinions in this review are mine only.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Confident Heart.