Rodney's Reviews > In My Time: A Personal and Political Memoir

In My Time by Dick Cheney

M 50x66
Nov 01, 11

Read from October 26 to November 01, 2011

I realize the name Dick Cheney will bring out a lot of emotion in people. I understand that I am in the minority with this statement, but I have a deep respect for Mr. Cheney and if his health wasn't so poor would be a strong supporter for him to run for President.

In the lead-up to this book, I expected Mr. Cheney to settle a lot of scores and write a much stronger political book. In my opinion, the book was very limited on settling scores. Jabs were taken at Colin Powel, John Edwards, John Kerry, Al Gore and Barak Obama, but Mr. Cheney did not dwell on them. It was his opinion of the events he was involved in.

One major drawback of the book was Mr. Cheney making all ideas of the Bush Administration sound like they were his own. As the book goes on it seems like he was making all the decisions. It's kind of distracting, but doesn’t take away from the story.

My overwhelming thought after reading this is simply who can I believe? Is this story accurate? I'm not naive enough to think that. Are the newspaper/blog reports on Mr. Cheney true? Again, I highly doubt it. Just reading through this, my thoughts have really started to focus on just what is truth, just what really happened, and is it even possible to get an accurate picture of anything?

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In My Time.