Mary Gilligan-Nolan's Reviews > Blood Harvest

Blood Harvest by S.J. Bolton

Sep 07, 11

Read from September 03 to 05, 2011

Another great book from S.J. Bolton. This is an author who is at the top of her game and I think she has now gone to the top of my favourite authors list. I really liked this story. It centers around a family of two young boys and their baby sister, Millie, who move to a rural village in the U.K. and build a house right beside the local graveyard. There is also a new vicar appointed to the parish and he is about to reopen the old church, which has been closed for 10 years, since the tragic accident of a two year old girl, who fell to her death from the gallery. The boys start to see a very strange girl in the graveyard, that they believe is a ghost and they believe she is trying to take their sister. It soon transpires, there have been a number of suspicious deaths and disappearances of little girls from the village over the years and Harry, the vicar and Evi, a psychologist, who becomes involved with a local patient and the boys, start to find something strange is afoot in the village. It's got a great climax, the characters are real and grounded and the story hangs very nicely together, giving a few twists and turns along the way. Really enjoyed it, again, a rather big book, it took me longer than usual to get through all of the pages, but I can't complain about that, because it was so absorbing. I just wish S.J. Bolton had some more books in the pipeline, I have read all her work to-date and don't know when to expect another.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Harvest.