Lis Carey's Reviews > Through a Dog's Eyes: Understanding Our Dogs by Understanding How They See the World

Through a Dog's Eyes by Jennifer Arnold
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through a Dog's Eyes.

09/03/2011 page 21
5.47% ""Mammals such as elephants and chimpanzees are gatherers rather than hunters. Gathering can be done individually." True in general, but there are chimp troops that hunt and, like humans and wolves, do it cooperatively."
09/04/2011 page 67
17.45% "She says it's not reasonable that dogs alert to seizures because of small changes in behavior because mothers actively looking for them don't pick up on them--she has more faith in the perceptiveness of mothers than I do. Says it's not possible that they're detecting a change in smell because seizures are triggered in the brain we can't detect any changes in the brain prior to the seizure. Okay."
09/05/2011 page 164
42.71% ""If your dog continues to behave as if he is upset and the approaching dog is safely restrained, ask your dog to put his front paws on your chest, as that will make your dog taller and more tightly connected to you, two things that will give him more confidence. Yes, that will work well for those of us with toy breed dogs. And she has friends and family members with small breed dogs, too."
show 3 hidden updates…