Meagan Myhren-bennett's Reviews > The Guardian

The Guardian by Robbie Cheuvront

Sep 03, 11

bookshelves: adventure, angels, christian, demons, forgiveness, friendship, history, mercy, middle-east, murder, mystery, prophecy, treasure
Recommended to Meagan by: NetGalley
Recommended for: Thriller fans, young adults, adults, Christians
Read on August 01, 2011, read count: 1.5

THE GUARDIAN
By Robbie Cheuvront with Erik Reed

When the Apostle John received the Revelation from God 2,000 years ago he also received a scroll that he and his descendants have been guarding ever since. It is into this world that Anna Riley, the newest Guardian and Jason Lang, her protector have been drawn. It is a world of treachery and danger that could cost them their very lives and the lives of those closest to them.

But to secure the scroll and the secret it hides they must first discover the clues and riddles left for them by Anna’s grandfather. In a race against time and the human disciples of Lucifer they must cross oceans and continents to prevent Lucifer from gaining control of the Papal seat of power.

But the journey Anna is on is also a journey of the soul. What does she believe in and where does she place her faith? Who is Anna Riley? As Jason and others aid her in her quest they also open her eyes to the plan and purpose God has for each of us. We must all play our part in His plan. It is only when we put our total trust and faith in Him and die to the world that we realize our full potential.

Over the centuries many have attempted to steal the scroll in their quest for power and dominion, but Anna and Jason discover the truth. The scroll has no power in and of itself. The true power lies in the words, the truth given by Jesus to the Apostle John.

“To him that has ears, let him hear”

Anna and Jason’s quest leads them back to the beginning. Before sin began there was God’s perfect created world and it is to this place that the truth of the scroll takes them. Can they reach their final destination before it is too late?

The Guardian is an exciting page turner with a valuable lesson in faith. Where will your faith take you in your life journey?

At the end of the book are discussion questions to help you examine your own life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Guardian.