Alkyoni's Reviews > Darkfever

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

3720870
Feb 09, 14

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, series-completed, pan-s-labyrinth, say-anything, if-i-were-stuck-on-a-desert-island, first-in-a-series
Recommended to Alkyoni by: Kat's Review
Read from September 04 to 06, 2011 — I own a copy

Original review, September 2011

Writing down what I liked about this series is gonna take forever, so instead I’m gonna say the things that I didn’t like.

I didn’t like sleeping 3 hours a day for a week, because I couldn’t put it down. Someone should have warned me about that.

I didn’t like the fact that I didn’t see my friends and family for a week, for the same reason, or the fact that I was so busy reading that I couldn’t spend some time with my boyfriend.

I don’t like the fact that it has turned me into a Fever junkie and that I’m feeling depressed now that it’s over. I want MORE!

I don’t like the fact that it’s messing with my UF rating and that I’ll now be comparing how much I liked it to every other book of the genre that I read.

I also don’t like the fact that I’m driving everyone I know crazy, telling them what an amazing series this is and that they must read it no matter what.

*sigh*

So yes, these books are damaging and I strongly believe that they should be coming with a Surgeon General’s warning…

MORE!

*sigh*

Fever re-read: Summer 2012

Partners in crime: Aly, Anzu , Brittany , Dija , Jesse , MissEvi

So, some brilliant master mind in the Dark Side came up with the idea for all of us to re-read the Fever, and then answer some questions about why we love this series so much. I can't help feeling like a band member giving an interview, and I resent Brittany for stealing the drums from me.

Sec to put my shades on.

SPOILER ZONE. U TURN IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT.

SPOILERS I SAID, SPOILERS!

DID YOU LEAVE?

OK.

YOU SURE?

OK.

What's the first thought you had when you heard there'd be a Fever Reread?

Well, my boyfriend didn’t break up with me the last time I was lost in the Fever and completely ignored him for a week, so he won’t do it now either. Right?

Right?

At what point did Barrons start wanting more from Mac than just her ability to sense things?

I think that he was attracted to her from the very beginning and then she took him by surprise when she proved that gorgeous blondes dressed in pink can actually possess functioning brains.

Do you find V’lane attractive? Explain your answer.

No, I don’t find V’lane attractive in any way. His presence and the ability of his species is what made me drop a star from this book in the first place. Making it a pleasurable experience or not, if you take away your partner's choice it's called rape.

Which is your favorite scene from the book?

Barron’s reaction after they left Malluses’s, when Mac suddenly presented the result of her detecting and stealing skills.

How would you describe this book in 2 words?

Freakishly Pink

Favorite quote

“Barrons laughed again. "And there, my dear Fio, you make one of Womankind's greatest mistakes: Falling in love with a man's potential. We so rarely share the same view of it, and even more rarely care to achieve it. Stop pining for the man you think I could be -- and take a good, long, hard look at the one I am.”

No Parking here.

Space reserved for my fellow band memb.. erm.. book club members reviews.

Aly's Amazing Analysis
Anzu's Awesome Assessment
Dija's Dazzling Debriefing

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkfever.

Quotes Alkyoni Liked

Karen Marie Moning
Karen Marie Moning, Darkfever

07/15/2012 page 1
0.0% "Re-read with MissEvi and the Dark Side."
07/17/2012 page 188
55.0% ""And there, my dear Fio, you make one of Womankind's greatest mistakes: falling in love with a man's potential." I hate to agree with the Caveman, but it's true." 13 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

missEvi [can't commit to a book] hihi k gw prin to evala currently-reading!

Alkyoni partners in Fever ki etsi.. Gia na doume loipon giati tosos ntoros me thn Heineken...

Fani Perimenw entypwseis!

Alkyoni Twra exw diavasei ta 3/4, mou aresei para poly. Mou aresei o tropos grafhs ths Moning, mou arsei h Mac, mou aresei to xioumor stis skepseis ths, mou aresei o kosmos. Alla aytos o Barrons einai teleiws caveman.

Fani Einai ontws. Egw den trella8hka mazi toy opws alles, alla san vivlia einai kala eite soy aresei aytos eite oxi. Kai emena moy arese poly h Mac; einai kati diaforetiko apo tis synh8ismenes UF hrwides.

Alkyoni Symfwnw, ontws einai ksexwristh. Loipon mou arese para poly, to mono poy me krataei pisw sta 5 asteria einai oti ksenerwsa kommataki me tous Seelie kai to ti mporoune na kanoune. Mporei na ana8ewrhsw sthn poreia.

Fani Exei endiaferon pantws kai perierges ekselikseis. Mhn to afhseis edw!

Alkyoni Ase Fani, ase, 3 to prwi to ekleisa xtes, shmera shkw8hka stis 6:30 na paw gia douleia kai anti na koutoulaw, douleyw flash gordon taxythtes gia na gyrisw nwris spiti na dw ti 8a ginei sth synexeia...

Katastrofh :]

Fani xaxaxa! Toylaxiston soy arese poly:) EGw pali, enw exw diavasei 2-3 kala vivlia teleytaia, exw kairo na diavasw vivlio poy na mhn mporw na to afhsw apo ta xeria moy:( Poly ekneyristiko ayto otan travaei kairo re gmt.
Ante, kane kanena dynato kafe h riksto stis vitamines!!!

Brittany B. Well I don't know what these comments say! But what a great review!!!

Brittany B. FEVER REREAD!!!!!! Yay!!!

Alkyoni hahahaha, thank you Brit :)

Going to the beach now, gonna take it with me. I'll catch up with you guys later :)

Aly is so frigging bored Woman I want updates!

Alkyoni Yes mistress, your wish is my command _o_

message 15: by Aly is so frigging bored (last edited Jul 16, 2012 01:32PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly is so frigging bored Alkyoni wrote: "Yes mistress, your wish is my command _o_"

I keep taking breaks from the Awesomeness to see updates, and it's all in vain :))

BTW do you like the title I gave you on the group? ;;)

Alkyoni :o I haz a title? for real? a title of MY OWN?

I'm gonna check it now! :D

Alkyoni -.-

Aly is so frigging bored Alkyoni wrote: "-.-"

=)))) You like? :D:D:D:D

Alkyoni -.-

Aly is so frigging bored Alkyoni wrote: "-.-"

That means what? :))

message 22: by Yodamom (new) - added it

Yodamom Oh, have you tried the audio for this series ? It is wonderful too. Addictive and time flies and the outside world disappears... you know.

Aly is so frigging bored So sorry to hear that Alky :D

Brittany B. Yodamom wrote: "Oh, have you tried the audio for this series ? It is wonderful too. Addictive and time flies and the outside world disappears... you know."

Yodamom: I am an audio addict. I LOVE this series in Audio. I think it's the best audio series. Even with the change in btw book 3 and 4 in narrators.

I think the last two books are the best audiobooks out there. Phil Gigante is pure, silky SEX as JZB!

Alkyoni As a matter of fact, I am listening to the audio this time around. And it is my first audio book ever :)

Aly is so frigging bored Updates love, give me updates!

Alkyoni I just woke up... I don't function well before the second cup of coffee. Don't (!) me -.-

message 28: by Yodamom (new) - added it

Yodamom ♨ Coffee ♨ =Happiness ♥

Brittany B. Alkyoni putting Aly in place. *shock*

I would never brow beat you Aly!! Shame on Alky- on vacation and being huffy... :))

Brittany B. Fantastic review!!! Really funny too.

Alkyoni thank you Brit :) Looking forward to reading yours too. I must think of a title too. Brit's Brilliant Bsomething.

Aly is so frigging bored =)) Love the title for Brit's review :P :))

I love how you answered the Qs :D the boyfriend one has me laughing my petunia off

Alkyoni I ain't kidding. He was seriously considering it at the time xD

message 34: by Dija (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dija I've read the rest of your review and loved it, but I'll come back and read the answers to your questions. Haven't read those yet because they might influence my own answers. :D

Alkyoni Looking forward to Dee's Delightful Dsomething.

You guys just couldn't make my life easy and have names that begin with an R now, could you? :}

message 36: by Dija (last edited Jul 19, 2012 10:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dija Dee's Delightful Droning? Dee's Delightful Darmatics? Dee's Dramatic Drawling? XD What are we naming anyway?

And it's not like A's an easy letter either. :P

message 37: by Dija (last edited Jul 19, 2012 01:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dija LOL @ "freakishly pink". It's perfect! Oh, and I know what you're naming now. And I can see the titles I chose before aren't fitting at all. Good luck with choosing something that'll fit. XD

Alkyoni Dee, check out your title. I don't know if it's correct :)

message 39: by Dija (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dija Oooh, awesome!! I love it. You're so smart. :D

Alkyoni Should it be Debrief, or Debriefing?

message 41: by Dija (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dija I think debriefing is the noun, so you used it correctly.

Alkyoni Okie, thank you :)

message 43: by Anzu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Unlike in order to like a thousand times more.

Alkyoni Edited and now containing Anzu's Awesome Assessment...

message 45: by Anzu (new) - rated it 5 stars