Ann's Reviews > Dearly, Departed

Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel

Nov 20, 11

Read on November 12, 2011

I loved this! I loved the characters, the plot, and all of the details. This is the second zombie book I have read. I didn't enjoy the first one I read, but thought I would give this another shot, especially because I loved the idea of a New Victoria in the year 2195. I would love to go back to a different era myself, so I really enjoyed the idea of an era occuring a second time! After reading this, I just can't imagine that there could be any zombie book out there that would be better than this one. So, because of that, I think I will read this series before attempting any other zombie books.

Nora is left to live with her aunt after her parents die. Her aunt works really hard to climb the social ladder, so that Nora can find a rich young man to marry. It is sad that her aunt is just thinking of how she can benefit herself instead of really finding a good man for her niece to marry. Nora is then kidnapped by some zombies. These are the good zombies though, and they were just saving her from the bad zombies. Nora meets a great man, Bram, but he is one of the zombies. She begins to trust him and really develop feelings for him. She doesn't seem to be affected by the fact that he is a zombie. She doesn't ignore her feelings or hide them. They work together to fight the bad zombies and make the world a better place.

Nora was really sweet. She seemed to be proper, although the way her aunt treated her, she must have not been proper enough! Bram was a good friend. He doesn't seem to be looking for romance; he is just doing his job. He realizes when his orders don't make sense, and he is willing to ignore the orders he is given and do his own thing when there is a better option. He takes the fall for protecting everyone around him. I really wish that there was something that could make Bram human again, because Nora and Bram would make the perfect couple!

This was a really sweet story, even with all of the cannibalism. My emotions were kind of going all over the place. I am really looking forward to the books coming in this series, as it is like nothing I have ever read before!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dearly, Departed.