Sherilyn Lipke's Reviews > Awaken

Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky

Oct 04, 11

bookshelves: futuristic, realistic, romance, ya-fiction, fantasy, science-fiction, favorites, dystopian
Read from October 03 to 04, 2011

I feel guilty for writing this review on the internet and not on paper. I feel like I'm ruining our world by having Facebook open in the other tab. That is what this book does.
It's an amazing story about a future we might soon have if our digital media continues the way it is.
This book makes me question if all technology is good technology. If it's better to sit and read in a coffee shop or be hiding at home with a Kindle. Which is another reason I am so anti-Kindle.
I think this book makes for great discussion. I could sit and talk with someone for hours about the ideas that are put forth by this book. The ideas of too much social media and not enough real people.
Plus this story is a romance. It makes it so much more interesting to read, so much more involving of a story line. Sometimes good books need a little romance to make the heart twinge.
I highly suggest this book to anyone who can read. Females would enjoy this more, I'm sure, but it is still an AMAZING story.
And I'm positive someone will read this review and try and prove me wrong and read it and say they hated it. Good for you. I just think that the ideas are very important.
And yes, I will post this on Facebook. Just for the irony of it all.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awaken.