Ibran Khan's Reviews > There's A Boy In The Girl's Bathroom

Title: The Boy in the Girls' Bathroom
Author: Louis Sachar
Genre: Childrens novel
Type: Fiction

This novel I read more recently together with a group of year 6 children and soon became a very interesting read for all. The title alone raises questions and it's not long until you're tempted to at least read the blurb. It's about a boy if you hadn't guessed who introduces himself with his punchline, wait for it..."Give me a dollar or I'll spit on you." Bradley Chalkers, that's one name you will not forget by the end of this comical book which focuses on a strange young boy's journey through school and how he slowly comes out of his shell with the help of a new classmate. The kids I read this with were able to relate to Bradley before and after his change in attitude and more importantly, they were able to use his example to argue against bullying and teasing in school. An effective story that the older children can relate to with lots of humour to keep them engaged.
I really enjoyed reading this as much as the group of year 6's did and for that reason, I would also recommend it to adults.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read There's A Boy In The Girl's Bathroom.