Kelli Pearson's Reviews > Crush It!: Why Now Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion

Crush It! by Gary Vaynerchuk

1986180
Sep 03, 11

bookshelves: business
Read in September, 2011

It was motivational, inspirational, but didn't have a lot to offer in terms of resources or action steps. That said, it was a very important book for me to read, if only for his view that, in order to live your passion, or your "personal brand", you should let every single thing you do be done authentically. Everyone has an expertise, and something they love beyond reason, but most people don't live this out in their professional lifestyle. What if you could take that combination of things that make you completely unique, the thing that makes you tick and get really excited, and authentically live that out in your work?

I have found many passions, lots of things I love, but as a result of that one theme in this book, I'm re-evaluating my bits and pieces approach to making a living, and thinking about what my greatest passions and loves would look like in a collective whole; what kind of personal brand that would be for me. And try to build a business around THAT.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crush It!.