Sue's Reviews > A Place of Yes: 10 Rules for Getting Everything You Want Out of Life

A Place of Yes by Bethenny Frankel

F 50x66
Sep 03, 2011

liked it
Read in September, 2011

As a self help book, this was not the greatest. Sometimes, her rules didn't really go with the theme of the chapter. And I don't really get the "act on it" chapter. She spends the whole chapter telling you how you need to act on your dreams but she never really did much with her dream to become an actress. Some of it is pretty repetitive too. However, I truthfully bought the book for the autobiographical content. I wanted to know how she got to the point where she was selling the Skinny Girl brand of cocktails for millions of dollars. I believe this book was published right before she made her multi-million dollar deal so that's not quite in the book. But Bethenny's career trajectory is all in the book and it's fascinating. She's had at least 4 businesses and she seems to be pretty darn good at spotting a trend and finding a niche. Her career isn't baking or cocktails or event planning. Her career is Bethenny Frankel. SHE is the product that she is selling and she's really good at it. I think her best advice is to have as many irons in the fire at all times as you possibly can. And she doesn't pull any punches about the amount of work that goes into launching a new project. It might seem like she got lucky with Skinny Girl Cocktails but it took 20 years of hard work to get that kind of luck.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Place of Yes.

05/16/2016 marked as: read