Christine's Reviews > Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss and Love

Two Kisses for Maddy by Matthew Logelin

Jan 08, 14

bookshelves: non-fiction, bio-memoir
Read in September, 2011

I've read Matt's blog so I knew how his story unfolds before I read the book. And that meant I was crying from basically the first page as he described how he and Liz met and fell in love. I don't think Matt's the best writer ever. (His blog drives me a bit crazy because he writes in blocky short sentences a la Rosie O'Donnell). But Matt doesn't claim to a be a writer. This was never his goal. He was thrust in to the literary world after suffering a horrible tragedy...the death of his wife the day after their first child was born.

But the book isn't just a novel of sadness. It's also about survival and hope. The majority of the book is spent on how Matt coped after Liz died. He talks about the wonderful support group of bloggers all over the world who helped him learn how to care for Maddy as a single dad. He writes about how he (along with friends) started a non-profit in Liz's name so he can help other families who are going through similar (or worse) situations. It's a vey inspirational, albeit incredibly sad, story. And a great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Kisses for Maddy.