Wall-to-wall books - wendy's Reviews > Home to Woefield

Home to Woefield by Susan Juby

Jan 15, 2016

bookshelves: shelfari-favorites
Read in September, 2011

I have nothing negative to say about this book. I absolutely loved it. It was hilarious. I was giggling all through the book. There is lots of swearing - but only from certain characters! That's what I loved about this book, talk about great character development! The whole book is mainly based around 4 people and they all take turns, every chapter in from a different point of view. Each one of these misfits is so different from the next and so unlikely to succeed together, your really find your self rooting for them.

Prudence - 24 yr old NYer, decides she has had enough and wants to move to the country to totally "go green". Her Uncle dies and leaves her his farm in Vancouver (which is not really much of a farm). Unfortunately, she also inherits all the debt that comes with it. She talks a mile a minute, has all these crazy ideas, and will do anything "ANYTHING!!" to save the farm. I loved her!!!!

Earl - Older farm hand (who is not much of a farm hand) is allowed to live his life out on the farm. Want nothing to do with restoring the farm, swears a mile a minute and grumbles all the time, and thinks Prudence is crazy! I loved him!

Seth - 21 yr. old Alcoholic from across the road. He gets kicked out of the house by his mother, goes across the road to the farm and offers to work for room and board (but is not much help). He doesn't like to do much besides drink and complain, and swear. I loved him!

Sara - 11 yr. old girl with a terrible home life brings her chickens to be raised on the farm (they had been evicted from their town home, the chickens). Sara is sweet, smart, and bossy (which is what everyone needs). She is a born again Christian, worries about the Rapture on a daily basis and is always wondering who will be "left behind". Everyone loves Sara. I loved her!

Can these four people pull it together enough to save the farm from being taken by the bank.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home to Woefield.