Nicholas's Reviews > Life of Death

Life of Death by Nicholas A. McGirr

Mar 12, 12

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: currently-reading

This is an early work of mine that I have been wanting to publish for quite some time. I wrote this book nearly 12 years ago. Though the editing of this book may seem incomplete, I wanted to leave it as exactly that so that I may gage my progress as a writer and use it as a guide as I continue to write more novels.

I love this book, I love it for more sentimental reasons. I hope you, the reader enjoy this book for what it is: the start of my writing career. I understand that this title may have early writing mistakes and an informal approach, but I do indeed love this story. It has been an inspiration for me to continue writing, which is exactly what I plan to do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life of Death.

Quotes Nicholas Liked

Nicholas A. McGirr
“Death truly does have life, and walks with and lives through us everyday.”
Nicholas A. McGirr, Life of Death

03/13 page 15
03/19 page 27
19.15% "This title just dropped to $4.99 on the nook! Check it out:
03/19 page 29
20.57% "Now only $4.99 on both nook and kindle!"
03/19 page 31
21.99% "Price drop to $4.99 on nook and kindle!"
03/23 page 33
23.4% "Would anyone be interested in a free giveaway of this title? It just may be coming up soon!"
03/24 page 35
24.82% "Now only $4.99 on nook and kindle!"
03/26 page 37
26.24% "Life of Death now on sale for just $4.99 on your nook and kindle! Download a free sample today! It's a 30% sample, not just one chapter."
04/02 page 39
27.66% "Now only $4.99 on nook and kindle!"
04/07 page 41
29.0% "New Giveaway Listed! Enter to win a paperback copy!"
04/08 page 43
30.0% "Win An Exclusive to Goodreads paperback copy of this ebook! Enter today and don't forget to add to your "to reads" shelves! Thanks!!"
04/10 page 45
32.0% "Win an exclusive paperback copy of Life of Death! Enter today and don't forget to add to your to reads list!"
04/11 page 47
33.0% "Win an exclusive to goodreads paperback copy of Life of Death! Don't forget to add to your "to reads" list! My goal is 1,000 entries.

Thanks and good luck!"
04/17 page 49
35.0% "Still accepting entries for the giveaway of a paperback that's exclusive to goodreads. Click the cover and add to your "to reads"list."
04/18 page 51
36.0% "There's still time to enter the giveaway for Life of Death! Exclusive paperback format for goodreads only!"
05/01 page 53
38.0% "Now Featured on Indie Snippets! Check out sample here: http://indiesnippets.blogspot.com/sea..."
05/03 page 55
39.0% "Giveaway still happening! Ends on Mothers Day! Add to your to reads list today!"
05/07 page 57
40.0% "Final days to enter the giveaway!"
05/12 page 60
43.0% "LAST DAY TO ENTER GIVEAWAY! CLICK NOW TO WIN A FREE COPY! SO FAR 950 ENTRIES!"
05/12 page 6
4.0% "Final hours to enter Giveaway! I've reached my goal of 1,000+! Thank you so much and Good Luck!"
05/13 page 64
45.0% "Now that the giveaway is over, an exclusive price has been posted to Goodreads!"
05/14 page 66
47.0% "Lower price on goodreads only!"
05/17 page 68
48.0% "Should Life of Death be FREE for a little while? I think so! Let me know your thoughts, like maybe what ereader you own....."
05/22 page 70
50.0% "This title is now FREE in the Goodreads browser and will be 99 cents on amazon and kindle starting this weekend! Download today and a get a free sneak preview of Book One: The Growing Dim Project at the end of Life of Death!"
05/23 page 72
51.0% "Now 99 cents on amazon and barnes & noble!"
05/23 page 72
51.0% "Now FREE here on goodreads and 99¢ on your kindle or nook!"
05/27 page 74
52.0% "Now FREE here on goodreads and 99¢ on your kindle or nook!"
05/29 page 76
54.0% "Paperback giveaway happening now! Don't forget to add to your to-reads list. FREE Download exclusive to goodreads!"
06/07 page 78
55.0% "20 Days left to enter giveaway! Also, if you have an ereader, Life of Death is now a FREE download exclusive to goodreads!"
06/27 page 80
57.0% "With almost 900 entries and over 30 Free Downloads, the giveaway for Life of Death is over! Thank you everyone and as for now, Life of Death is still a free download here on goodreads and still just 99 cents on your nook or kindle."
01/26 page 85
60.0% "This book is listed as a giveaway for an exclusive paperback copy to goodreads contests only! Also available as a free download here on goodreads, otherwise it's 99 cents for nook and kindle."
02/02 page 86
60.0% "Now listed as a giveaway here on goodreads or pick it up for 99cents on nook or kindle."
02/14 page 87
61.0% "Giveaway still going on until February 28th. Enter the giveaway or pickup a copy for just 99 cents!"
03/06 page 88
62.0% "Final days to get Life of Death for 99 cents. With the launch of The Life Tree, Life of Death will be going up in price. Download today on your kindle or nook!"
04/06 page 89
63.0% "Life of Death will be FREE this weekend on Amazon. Download Today!"
04/06 page 89
63.0% "FREE all day today and tomorrow on amazon! Download now!"
04/07 page 89
63.0% "Over 150 downloads yesterday across the USA, England, Canada and Germany. See what the world is reading and download for FREE today! 4/7 is the last day to get this title for FREE."
04/07 page 90
63.0% "Only four hours left to get Life of Death free on amazon."
05/17 page 91
64.0% "Free all weekend long on amazon. Download now!"
05/18 page 92
65.0% "Paperback giveaway here on GR ends tomorrow night. Free download on amazon through Sunday!"
05/19 page 93
65.0% "Today is the last day to enter the giveaway here on GR. It's also the last day to download for free....."
09/04 page 94
66.0% "Final giveaway happening now here on Goodreads! Ebook edition will be free Sept 6-10!"
09/06 page 95
67.0% "Free download starts today on amazon! Spread the word."
09/08 page 96
68.0% "Final days of the LAST GIVEAWAY. ENTER NOW FOR A CHANCE TO WIN MY LAST PROMO COPY BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!"
01/29 page 97
68.0% "Now Only 99 cents on Amazon!"
08/13 page 97
68.0% "Life of Death is a free download for your kindle today."
show 6 hidden updates…