Crystal's Reviews > Lethal

Lethal by Sandra Brown

Sep 15, 11

bookshelves: for-review, read-sep-2011
Read from September 02 to 03, 2011

I received this on the Friday of Labor Day weekend and had it read by Sunday - I was that excited to receive it. Sandra Brown is a must-read each year for me and after Lethal she remains a must-read. She just has a way with characters and suspense that grabs me when I read her books and her characters stay with me long after I finish the books and I like that.

Lethal starts off like a freight train with a wanted man stumbling into Honor's yard. It seems random at first, but she quickly learns it's not. There is something in her house that Lee Coburn wants, something her dead husband had and Coburn will stop at nothing to get it. Honor will do anything to keep her and her daughter safe. Meanwhile the manhunt for Coburn is going on and even Honor's father-in-law is in on it as he is former law enforcement. But things in the town aren't always as they seem.

I loved it, every time I thought I had something figured out, Ms. Brown threw me a curve ball and changed things on me. I never quite knew what was coming next and finally gave up trying to figure it out and just started enjoying reading the book. It is a thrill ride as far as the plot is concerned. There are twists and turns. There is great action. All of it makes sense as it happens and it doesn't come out of left field. I really enjoyed the plot line, it was never dull. There is also a romance thread, but it really takes a backseat to the suspense, but it is there for those readers who enjoy a little romance with their suspense. The tension between Honor and Coburn is great and Ms. Brown knows how to write the romance so it's believable as well.

The characters are great. Of course Honor and Coburn are fleshed out the best as the two main characters. We get insight into both of them and get to see them grow and change in the book. There are some great parts when both of them realize they need to change some things about themselves and I really liked that. I also liked the little bit I got to know about Honor's father-in-law, he's tough, a former marine, but he faces a realization as well. Some of the others typify southern townfolk, and then some will just surprise you. I think Ms. Brown has a definite way with characters that makes them stay with you after the book is long done. I don't always remember the names, but I will remember things about them. However I think Honor and Coburn will stick in my mind for quite awhile.

Great suspense, romance and characters make this latest book by Sandra Brown a must-read. It comes out next Tuesday so I highly suggest you make a point to get a copy of this great book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lethal.

09/03/2011 page 96