seak's Reviews > Tisarian's Treasure

Tisarian's Treasure by J.M. Martin

Dec 20, 2011

bookshelves: 2011
Read on December 16, 2011

Tisarian's Treasure is a rip-roarin' pirate's tale along the lines of one of my all-time favorites from Robert Louis Stevenson, Treasure Island.

The beginning was a little difficult to get into, since there are lots of characters to introduce, but once it gets going, it's a stellar read. I couldn't put it down.

The most feared pirate on the seas, Thadieus Drake, has tracked our protagonist Doctor Alex Mallory and his mysterious companion to an island and through the jungle, seeking the fabled treasure.

Filled with romance, action, twists and turns, and a surprising ending, Tisarian's Treasure is Highly Recommended.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tisarian's Treasure.

12/16/2011

J.M. Thanks for the four stars, my friend. :)

seak It was awesome! I'll have a review up soonish and a write-up for the blog (i.e. pretty much the same thing as what goes up here).

J.M. Very cool, man. Thanks! The primary complaint I seem to be getting is that it's just too short, but it was originally published in an antho as a short story, so after the rights returned my friend, Sara Reinke, suggested I dip my toes in the self pub market, so I added about 3,000 words to get it up to novella length and there ya go.