Marty Shaw's Reviews > Alien in the Family

Alien in the Family by Gini Koch

Sep 02, 11

Gini had me hooked when I was first introduced to Kitty Katt and Jeff Martini in Touched by an Alien, and the Alpha-Centaurion defenders of the Earth (along with a few notable Earthlings) still provide tons of entertainment and excitement.

This time around, the gang is facing the biggest threat they’ve ever encountered – Jeff’s family from Alpha Centauri. It turns out Jeff is next in line for the throne on his home world… and some people aren’t too thrilled about that.

In addition to providing non-stop entertainment and plenty of laughs, Alien in the Family delivers some seriously tense moments. There are some Amazonian terrorists gunning for Jeff and they’ll take out anybody who gets in the way of their target. Do all the good guys make it through in one piece? You’ll have to read the book to find out but I guarantee you’ll be on the edge of your seat.

I do have to confess that my favorite character is dangerously close to losing his #1 spot. Martini is a heroic goofball with incredible powers and he’s been my personal favorite from the very beginning, but Chuckie seems to be turning into the James Bond of the series, and what guy doesn’t want to be James Bond?

New good guys and new bad guys keep things fresh and entertaining. It would have been easy for Gini to turn the Katherine ‘Kitty’ Katt series into a “Fugly of the Week” showcase, but she delivers a new twist with each book, and I can’t wait to get my hands on Alien Proliferation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alien in the Family.