Raz's Reviews > My Side Of The Story

My Side Of The Story by Will Davis

Sep 02, 11

Read in September, 2011

I wouldnt call this the "The Catcher in the Rye" of my generation. But it is pretty close.
Story is about a kid (Jarold aka Jaz) figuring himself out, not just his sexuality (he has that established) but about life. He has parents that he loves and respects very much, but he just feel like a total screw up in their eyes, especially compared to his perfect sister. He looks at his grandma who is waiting to die, and he becomes more and more comfortable with death, but not in a suicidal way. He has one very good friend and he learns pretty early on what friendship really is and isn't.

Although it is a pretty easy read and funny, this book made me cry. This book does something that "Catcher in the Rye" doesn't, it explains in better detail how screwed up your feelings are when you are a teenager. and as much times as Holden uses the word "phony", Jarold uses the word "like" every other phrase he uses, which makes it the most relevant book I have ever read about young people.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Side Of The Story.