Donna's Reviews > Revenge at Bella Terra

Revenge at Bella Terra by Christina Dodd

Aug 24, 14

bookshelves: craparootie, crs, series, huge-disappointment, sb-rt-rev
Read in January, 2012

Another go to author falls flat. The first book in this series was just ok, so I only picked this up because I usually like Dodd. What a huge disappointment. Where to start? So the accountant has run off with all the money & Eli's the only one who knows. Because this big award winning winery business of his only has one person doing the accounting? I work in an office with 25 employees; four of them work in the accounting area. And he won't tell either the police, the FBI or his family, but he's all worried about losing the business cause the IRS is breathing down his back.... Hmmm, maybe by reporting the crime the IRS, who are hard asses, but not necessarily jackasses, would maybe tell him about something called an extension.... And if his own family and employees are completely in the dark, how exactly does Chloe's father know the whole story?... And an arranged marriage, in a contemporary setting, where one of the people involved isn't a cooperating party, and is independently wealthy so has no real incentive to cooperate? Yeah, that's believable. Shall we discuss the logistics of red herring suspect and the only viable suspect when you think about it both seeming to be johnny on the spot after the explosion, and yet one of them is driving her off the road when she'd left the scene nearly an hour before the explosion.... Or the the logic stream wherein the bad guy wants information from Chloe, but tries to kill her, twice. Arghhhhhhh!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revenge at Bella Terra.