Mike's Reviews > The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt

The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris

Sep 05, 11

bookshelves: biography, american-history, non-fiction, non-fiction-favorite, teddy-roosevelt, own-read
Read from September 02 to 04, 2011

Wow what a great book! As just about all of the reviews of this book have said, this is a fantastic look at the life of Teddy Roosevelt up to his ascension to the Presidency. What a fascinating man TR was. His entire lifestyle is worth of emulating and inspiring to us even today. TR seemingly never stopped going either mentally or physically. He was always walking, talking riding, hunting, or reading and seemed to require little or no sleep to be highly successful at all things. It makes me feel like I waste part of my life by simply relaxing and watching a televesion show at night.

The writing in this book is outstanding and the old cliche that it reads like a novel is true. I am not a supporter of all of TR's politics, but anyone who loves history or loves a good read will enjoy this book. I will absolutely read the final two volumes of this series and am looking forward to having a stretch of time to do so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt.