Susinok's Reviews > The Care and Taming of a Rogue

1980103
Sep 02, 2011

bookshelves: historical, regency, romance
Read on May 01, 2012

First of all this was a fun story with quite a few laugh out loud moments. The Note in the daisys was priceless. I loved both characters plue the secondary characters.

However...

There were quite a few historical research blunders which threw me out of the story.

1. Tattersals did not admit women in the Regency period. Sloppy lack of research. Even reading other Regency period novels would have pointed this out.
2. Regency dresses do not shrug off the shoulders to pool at the feet. Also the Regency woman would then NOT have been naked under her day dress unless she was a whore. This huge clothing oversight pretty much eclipsed the lovescene to follow and ruined the moment.
3. Regency men's clothing was ALSO more difficult to get out of.

I'm not a high stickler for historical detail, but a teensy be more attention to these details would have made the story much better and feel less like a Wallpaper Historica.

All that being said, I did get caught up in the story and enjoyed it immensely. 3.5 to 4 stars over all. Better research next time, I hope.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Care and Taming of a Rogue.

05/01/2012