Dierdra Byrd's Reviews > Jack & Jill

Jack & Jill by James Patterson

May 27, 12

bookshelves: mystery, series, suspense
Read from May 25 to 27, 2012

This will contain a few minor spoilers but should not ruin the book for anyone.
I have to admit I did not read the first two books but I did see the movie and I tend to get bored reading books AFTER seeing the movies so I skipped them. It was not hard to "catch up" on this one tho.
While James Patterson is a good writer and a well known author I don't think this was one of his better books sadly. I think there were a lot of questions left unanswered and things just thrown in. I wanted to know more about the game "Jack and Jill" were playing and why they were playing the board game. Neither one of the motivates were ever explained and when the true killers were caught at the end it just didn't fit for me. I was like huh? It just felt as if it didn't fit.
Minor Spoiler here----
When Christine's husband gets shot and killed I sort of felt like it was a way Alex could finally be with her without it seeming so horrible. You never meet her husband or know how she feels about his up until this point but you know how Alex feels about her every time he see's her to the point it gets annoying and obsessive.
I have always liked James Patterson tho and have a hard time giving his books less then three stars and maybe this one did deserve two but the writing was good and I will read at least a few more in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jack & Jill.

05/25/2012 "Decided to start on book 3 on this. Have seen the first two movies and have been wanting to read this series for a long time."
05/26/2012 page 193
41.42% "So far a good book, not his best tho at least for me. IMO could cut out how he feels about the principle every single time he sees her! She is married! Yeah anyway tho I get that he likes her doesn't need to be repeated so much. Still a good story so far tho."
05/27/2012 page 273
59.0% "A good book so far but I still have this hag up about him going after a married woman! Am I the only one that bothers?"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 1 star

Amy Spoiler in this comment:

I listened to the abridged version of the novel. You were far kinder than I. LOL Why was Alex Cross there? He never solves anything. The bad guys turn on each other.