Sherry Ellis's Reviews > Elizabeth I, the People's Queen: Her Life and Times, 21 Activities

Elizabeth I, the People's Queen by Kerrie Logan Hollihan

Sep 07, 2011

Read in September, 2011

Elizabeth I, The People's Queen, is a well-documented biography of one of the most famous figures in English history. The world of Elizabeth was frought with turmoil. It was a time of bitter fighting between Pretestants and Catholics. Elizabeth was alsways on the watch for traitors and those who wished to end her life.

Author Kerrie Logan Hollihan, does a wonderful job in not only presenting the facts, but also giving readers a real sense of what it was like to live in those times. As expected, there is a lot of information about Elizabeth. There is also information about other historical figures such as William Shakespeare, Mary, Queen of Scots, Henry VIII, Frances Drake, and Walter Raleigh. Ms. Hollihan is very thorough in providing the full picture of England during the Elizabethan period.

Other interesting features in the book include the 21 activities that kids can try at home. My personal favorites are growing a knot garden and stitching a blackwork flower. The book has numerous photographs which give an excellent visual picture of the people and events of the time.

Elizabeth I, the People's Queen, is an excellent resource for teachers and students who wish to learn about the life and times of Queen Elizabeth I. I highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elizabeth I, the People's Queen.