Mike's Reviews > Let Me In

2201886
Sep 02, 11

Recommended for: Anyone
Read from August 28 to 31, 2011, read count: 1

This is a great book. I selected it by an almost-random process. (The non-random bit being the Scandinavian origin of the author. I had to leave some unread Jo Nesbo novels behind in Wales.) I also have not seen the movie.

A different and chilling version of a vampire tale. One that involves a large cross-section of "normal" people who are just trying to get along. Their world and their lives are forever changed by the two weeks covered in this book. I had no expectations of the book and it was so well-written that I was taken with it from the start. I know that the author has written for other medium previously (and that might include lots of short fiction), but for anyone's first novel, this is pretty amazing.

I assume that there are more books (perhaps in a series, perhaps not). I will definitely be looking for more by this man. If you haven't read him and the "fantastic" element of the story doesn't dissuade you, I hope you pick up a copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let Me In.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alejandro (new) - added it

Alejandro I am a fan of the Swedish film which adapted first the novel.

I hope to read the novel in the very near future.

message 2: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Antoy Stephenson The non English speaking version of the film is excellent.

message 3: by Alejandro (new) - added it

Alejandro Heather wrote: "The non English speaking version of the film is excellent."

Precisely that's the version that I watched :D

Luckily I've been able to watch several Swedish films and gladly one of those, it was the adaptation of this book. :)

Mike I never saw any of the movie versions. But the story will grip you even with no special effects.

message 5: by Alejandro (new) - added it

Alejandro Mike wrote: "I never saw any of the movie versions. But the story will grip you even with no special effects."

Cool! :D