Kate's Reviews > The Night Circus

Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: circus-carnival, book-club, re-read-it
Recommended for: dreamers
Read from July 05 to 23, 2012 — I own a copy

Such a wonderful journey full of dreams, mazes, and magic!

I loved getting swept away in this unique book. I loved the descriptions of the people and the circus itself. My favorite characters were Widget, Poppet, and Bailey. They reminded me of myself in a lot of ways. I also liked the the story of Celia and Marco. I thought the way their story was told was really beautiful. My favorite parts of the circus would be the cloud maze and the star gazer.

Well worth the read, and would be something I would revist again in the not too distant future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Circus.

07/09/2012 page 50
10.0% "Oooh, I love the magical realism of this one."
07/10/2012 page 87
17.0% "I like how each chapter introduces the reader to something or someone new and exciting, yet the main story line is intact and progresses nicely."
07/13/2012 page 117
23.0% "There is so much that glows in the circus, from flames to lanterns to stars. I have heard the expression 'trick of the light' applied to sights within Le Cirque des Reves so frequently that I sometimes suspect the entirerty of the circus is itself a complex illusion of illumination."
07/17/2012 page 311
60.0% "Poppet, Widget, and Bailey have become my favorite characters as the story has progressed. The Cloud Maze is my favorite attraction so far, as jumping into clouds sounds really fun."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lea (new) - added it

Lea Just bought this one -- waiting for it to arrive from UK!

Kate Yay! Let me know how it is when you get it in your clutches and have time to read it.

Cindy I just started over again immediately - I haven't done that since I was 10 years old!