Joy's Reviews > Succubus on Top

Succubus on Top by Richelle Mead

2711937
Sep 05, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, paranormal-romance, contemporary-fiction, shapeshifters, fantasy-magic, favorites
Read from September 02 to 05, 2011

I loved everything about this book I don't know where to start! There is just a right amount of lust here, but mostly I loved the developments in Georgina and Seth's relationship, I just love him more and more, he's so unpredictable and I really want someone like him for myself. They clearly love each other and it's how they show it.

The story's main thrust is the ongoing mystery about Doug and how his band skyrocketed to fame because of the new drummer. Our heroine sensed something funny about it and contacted the higher ups, speaking of, the award really cracked me up. Because of this book, Richelle Mead is now one of my favorite authors.

Bastien, Georgina's long time friend, enters the picture and needs to bring down a woman. Of course Georgie's here to help and there are a lot of surprises there, he's amusing.

I want to focus this review on how Georgina and Seth's relationship affected me. I was really touched by how sweet they are, and how conflicted the whole thing is. I cherish their silent moments and I get this giddy feeling even when they're looking at each in a non-sexual way. Everyone except Carter believed their relationship is a joke and it's going nowhere, even Bastien dismissed it as a mortal fling but I'm glad despite what happened, they managed to pull through, and I loved the gift exchange!

There are life philosophies here that I appreciated, and so while some might dismiss this as just another paranormal fiction, I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Sure the packaging isn't one of those inspirational books, and some of the serious lines are delivered jokingly, but I like how Ms Mead used a succubus, who lived for ages to impart wisdom about living. The love story was really touching and not in a mushy way, it's the kind of love I want, really unconditional and open.

I don't usually have "schoolgirl feelings" when it comes to male characters, but...Seth just does it for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus on Top.