Jody's Reviews > The Passage

The Passage by Justin Cronin

Sep 19, 11

bookshelves: thriller, sci-fi, favorites, good-fiction
Read from September 02 to 17, 2011

A friend gave me this book to read and once I started it I couldn't stop. It is so much better than "The Stand" (sorry Mr. King) I had a hard time putting it down. This is one of those books that when I started reading it I lost chunks of time out of my life. I would think I was going to read for a few minutes before bed and before I knew it I had read for a hour or so. I was disappointed when I found out this was a trilogy but I do plan on reading the next book to see what happens. The only thing I wish were different about this book is the way it ended. I like for authors to give me closure when I finish a book (pay attention Mr. Grisham) not just stop writing assuming that I am going to read the next book to see what happens. Cronin could have added a few more pages and gave me that closre while also baiting me to read the next book but he obviously didn't think that was worth his time. The various reviews I have read concerning this book are mixed but personally I am putting this as one of my favorites. To my friend who gave this to me (and you know who you are)...Thank You!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Passage.